From The Ground Up Headlines
From the Ground Up - Urban Challenges to Agriculture
- Production agriculture is an industry that faces many challenges every year from weather, increased input costs, and sometimes unintended consequences from government legislation.
From the Ground Up - Face of Agriculture
- Production agriculture attracts a type of person who is independent, likes a challenge, and isn’t afraid of gambling and having a big part of his or her success or failure in any given year being a result of the decisions they make.
From the Ground Up - Next Generation of Ag Producers
- The average age of farmers in the U.S. is fifty-seven years old, but the fastest growing segment of farmers are those age sixty-five and older.
From the Ground Up-Environmental Quality and the EPA
- Bryan Shaw is the chairman of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and has had several occasions to butt heads with the current nominee to head the EPA.
Weekend Gardener: 05/17
- Randy Seagraves joined Barbara Friday morning for our weekly weekend gardener segment.
From the Ground Up - Obstacles to Building Reservoirs
- There has been a lot of talk during the current session of the Texas Legislature about building water reservoirs. In fact, there are 30 sites that are being proposed as possibilities.
From the Ground Up - Texas Water Shortage
- Water has been one of the top priorities of the 2013 Texas Legislative Session but last week House Natural Resource Chairman Allan Ritter’s House Bill 11 that ear-marked two billion dollars in the rainy day fund to be spent on water projects was removed from the House Floor after it was ruled that it violated a rule on the consideration of appropriation bills.
From the Ground Up - Issues Facing The Texas Legislature
- The Texas Legislature is in session.
The Board of Directors of Producers Cooperative traveled to Austin to visit with elected state officials about issues being addressed in the state capital that might impact agriculture.
From the Ground Up - Grandview Vineyards
- The wine business is one of the fastest growing agricultural sectors in the state, and with that comes a tremendous demand for Texas grown grapes.
From the Ground Up - Challenges Facing Texas Agriculture
- Texas Agricultural Commissioner Todd Staples was on the Texas A&M campus in College Station a couple of weeks ago and he talked a lot about the challenges facing Texas Agriculture.
More From The Ground Up Headlines