From The Ground Up Headlines
From the Ground Up - Reflecting on 2015
- Many local wheat crops looked to be the best ever, but at harvest time continued rain caused them to lose much of their value.
From the Ground Up - Agriculture & Christmas
- When most of us are doing our grocery shopping, we give little thought about how the abundant choices we have made their way to the store shelves.
From the Ground Up - Researchers Target Fruit and Vegetable Flavors
- If you’re a fresh produce lover, it might interest you to know that some Texas A&M researchers are directing their attention to how fruit and vegetables taste.
Former Congressman Urges Changes in Endangered Species Act
- The Endangered Species Act was passed in 1973, and a former Texas congressman says the legislation needs to be updated. Charlie Stenholm served in the U.S. House of Representatives for twenty-six years.
From the Ground Up - Agriculture and Thanksgiving
- When most of us go shopping to gather the favorites that make up whatever our family’s traditional Thanksgiving meal consists of, we don’t give it a second thought when we fill our cart with everything we’re looking for.
From the Ground Up - Texas A&M Meat Scientist Reacts To WHO Report
- A report by the World Health Organization based on their review of various research and manuscripts has classified consumption of processed meats as carcinogenic, and eating red meat as probably carcinogenic.
From the Ground Up - Agriculture a Big Contributor to the Texas Economy
- Texas’ comptroller, Glenn Hegar, was in town last week touting not only the Texas economy, but our local economy as well. He was quick to point out how important agriculture is to the state’s economy.
From the Ground Up - Drought A Double Pronged Problem For Ranchers
- This past spring all of the rain we received produced a lot of forage, but it was so wet that many hay producers couldn’t get into the field and get multiple cuttings.
From the Ground Up - Retail Beef Prices Should Decrease
- With the most drastic drop in cattle market prices since the early nineteen seventies, beef lovers are wondering when they’ll be reaping the benefits.
From the Ground Up - Cattle Prices Plummet
- Over the last few weeks there has been a drastic drop in cattle prices.
More From The Ground Up Headlines