From The Ground Up Headlines
From the Ground Up - Corn and Cotton Harvest
- Most local farmers can’t remember a spring as wet as the one that they experienced in 2015, and many had a hard time getting their crops started.
From the Ground Up - Flavor Drives Beef Demand
- The strong prices the beef industry has enjoyed over the last few years have been partially due to a short supply, but also helped with a robust demand.
New California Law Produces Unintended Consequences
- Earlier this year, California enacted new regulations preventing the use of cages for laying hens in the traditional sense that they’ve been utilized. It appears that the new legislation has produced some unintended consequences
From the Ground Up - Passing On A Ranching Legacy
- Since 1945, the average age of an agricultural producer has increased by almost ten years.
From the Ground Up - Producers Embrace Texas Beef Check-Off
- The U.S Beef Check-Off Program was started in 1986 as a producer funded marketing and research program that assesses one-dollar per beef animal at the time the animal is sold, but with today’s smaller cow herd, there simply isn’t as much money being raised.
From the Ground Up - Competing In the Global Beef Market
- There’s a lot of competition globally for the U.S. beef industry as it seeks to expand markets around the world to sell beef products.
From the Ground Up - Export Markets Importance to Beef Industry
- The high prices that the beef industry has enjoyed over the last few years have been bolstered by not only a strong domestic demand for beef domestically, but also globally.
From the Ground Up - Future Beef Markets Look Good
- Over the last couple of years, the beef industry has enjoyed extremely strong market prices. Those prices were easy to predict, based largely on the limited supply of cattle due to the liquidation of the U.S. cow herd that took place over several years during to the drought.
From the Ground Up - Beef Short Course Attracts Hundreds Of Ranchers
- This week almost 1700 beef producers from a dozen states and 6 different countries participated in Texas A&M’s Beef Short Course where they attended various cattleman’s college sessions ranging from forage production and nutrition, to cattle handling, genetics, and reproduction.
From the Ground Up - Animal Welfare Debate In Poultry Industry
- In January, California enacted new regulations preventing the use of cages for laying hens in the traditional sense that they’ve been utilized.
More From The Ground Up Headlines