From The Ground Up Headlines
From the Ground Up - The EPA’s Definition of Waters of the U.S.
- Historically, the Environmental Protection Agency’s jurisdiction in regulating water has been confined to “Navigable Waters of the U.S.
From the Ground Up - Selecting Ground Beef With health Benefits
- Ground beef in the American diet makes up forty per cent of our beef consumption, whether it’s in a hamburger, or some other dish.
From the Ground Up: Healthy Fat in Beef has Health Benefits
- In the 1980s some studies showed that oleic acid would decrease bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. The question that then began to be asked was what could be done to beef to change fatty acid composition, and increase the amount of oleic acid.
From the Ground Up: Planting Corn
- Wherever you are in Central Texas, it’s a safe bet you’re ahead on rainfall for the year. That‘s delayed the planting of the 2015 corn crop. Dale Hoelscher farms with his brother in Bell, Milam, Falls, and Robertson Counties.
From the Ground Up - Food Security and Food Safety
- A country that has food security is one with a population that has enough to eat. A country that has food safety enjoys a food supply that is safe to eat. Thanks to a robust agricultural industry, U.S. consumers have experienced the benefits of both food security and food safety for a very long time. Larry Combest served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1985 until 2003.
From The Ground Up - Production Agriculture Is Its Own Worst Enemy
- Last month the Texas Ag Forum was held in Austin, and ag producers were urged to help forge an urban-rural coalition of interest by continuing to tell their stories to consumers.
From the Ground Up - Former Congressman Calls For More Ag Education
- While the agriculture industry has finally begun to take steps to address the disconnect that exists between consumers and agricultural producers, at least one former congressman believes that more agricultural education in our schools should be part of the solution. Charles Stenholm served in the U.S. House of Representatives for twenty-six years.
From the Ground Up - Growin On Faith Farm
- Last week, the Texas Department of Agriculture was in town to present a grant to a young local rancher. She’s going to use the money to help implement an ambitious business plan. Erin Pilosi-Kimbrough and her husband John operate the Growin On Faith Farm south of College Station.
From The Ground Up - A Face Of Agriculture
- What we have found, especially in the poultry side of our business, is the consumer has become more and more concerned about how their food is produced, and how it’s handled.
From the Ground Up - Cattle Census Shows Increased Numbers
- At the end of January, the USDA released its annual cattle inventory report. It showed a full two per cent increase in cattle numbers across the United States, and even more in Texas. David Anderson is a Texas A&M Agrilife Extension economist
More From The Ground Up Headlines