From The Ground Up Headlines
From the Ground Up - Farm Bill Changes
- The Farm Bill that was passed in February is the result of three and a half years of Congressional debate about what would provide the best safety net for agricultural producers going forward.
From the Ground Up - Planting Decisions
- Corn is the first crop that gets planted in a new year, and around Valentine’s Day, farmers in our area who are going to plant corn begin to pay very close attention to the weather.
From the Ground Up - Does Cold Weather Impact Insects?
- When we’ve been experiencing a mild winter, how many times have you heard someone comment that we need to have some freezing weather to kill some of the bugs that had been pestering us during the fall and summer?
From the Ground Up - Can Beef Prices Get Too High?
- With calf prices and beef at the retail level both continuing to remain high, we asked the question, can they get too high?
From the Ground Up: Rebuilding The Beef Herd By Retaining Heifers
- Beef cattle numbers have been declining for the past few years, primarily due to scattered droughts across the country and very high calf prices.
Applause for Tuesday, February 4th
- Applause for Tuesday, February 4th
From the Ground Up: High Feed Costs and Calf Prices
- The economics of production agriculture are a lot different than in most industries.
From the Ground Up - Global Demand For Grain is Growing
- With a growing world population and growing economies in many countries, the demand for grain has increased.
From the Ground Up - Monitoring Irrigation Water
- When timely rains don’t come, many of the farmers in our area have the ability to irrigate their crops.
From the Ground Up - Groundwater Conservation Districts
- The Texas Legislature and Texas Courts have made it clear that landowners own any water that is beneath their property.
More From The Ground Up Headlines