From The Ground Up Headlines
From the Ground Up - Smaller Corn Crop Could Affect Prices
Updated: 7:29 AM
- When a farmer makes his plans for planting in any given year, he has to consider many things that are completely beyond his control, not the least being the weather and market prices, and while expert predictions are available for consideration, those are also vulnerable to changes that take place that affect their original assumptions.
From the Ground Up - A Farmer's Take on Farm Bill
- The Farm Bill that was passed recently was the result of three and a half years of arguing about what would be in it.
From the Ground Up: Agriculture Needs to Tell Its Own Story
- Anti-agriculture zealots have vilified agriculture for years, and leaders in the industry maintain that it’s time to stop letting people who aren't involved in agriculture define it.
From the Ground Up - Consumers are Still Buying Beef
- With calf prices being at all- time highs, the prices of your favorite cuts of beef have also gone up, but despite that, demand for beef remains strong.
From the Ground Up: The Beef Quality Assurance Program
- Beef Quality Assurance is a national program that provides guidelines for beef cattle production and is designed to boost consumer confidence in a safe, wholesome, and healthy beef supply.
From the Ground Up - Farm Bill Changes
- The Farm Bill that was passed in February is the result of three and a half years of Congressional debate about what would provide the best safety net for agricultural producers going forward.
From the Ground Up - Planting Decisions
- Corn is the first crop that gets planted in a new year, and around Valentine’s Day, farmers in our area who are going to plant corn begin to pay very close attention to the weather.
From the Ground Up - Does Cold Weather Impact Insects?
- When we’ve been experiencing a mild winter, how many times have you heard someone comment that we need to have some freezing weather to kill some of the bugs that had been pestering us during the fall and summer?
From the Ground Up - Can Beef Prices Get Too High?
- With calf prices and beef at the retail level both continuing to remain high, we asked the question, can they get too high?
From the Ground Up: Rebuilding The Beef Herd By Retaining Heifers
- Beef cattle numbers have been declining for the past few years, primarily due to scattered droughts across the country and very high calf prices.
More From The Ground Up Headlines