From The Ground Up Headlines
From the Ground Up - Texas A&M Meat Scientist Reacts To WHO Report
- A report by the World Health Organization based on their review of various research and manuscripts has classified consumption of processed meats as carcinogenic, and eating red meat as probably carcinogenic.
From the Ground Up - Agriculture a Big Contributor to the Texas Economy
- Texas’ comptroller, Glenn Hegar, was in town last week touting not only the Texas economy, but our local economy as well. He was quick to point out how important agriculture is to the state’s economy.
From the Ground Up - Drought A Double Pronged Problem For Ranchers
- This past spring all of the rain we received produced a lot of forage, but it was so wet that many hay producers couldn’t get into the field and get multiple cuttings.
From the Ground Up - Retail Beef Prices Should Decrease
- With the most drastic drop in cattle market prices since the early nineteen seventies, beef lovers are wondering when they’ll be reaping the benefits.
From the Ground Up - Cattle Prices Plummet
- Over the last few weeks there has been a drastic drop in cattle prices.
From the Ground Up - Corn and Cotton Harvest
- Most local farmers can’t remember a spring as wet as the one that they experienced in 2015, and many had a hard time getting their crops started.
From the Ground Up - Flavor Drives Beef Demand
- The strong prices the beef industry has enjoyed over the last few years have been partially due to a short supply, but also helped with a robust demand.
New California Law Produces Unintended Consequences
- Earlier this year, California enacted new regulations preventing the use of cages for laying hens in the traditional sense that they’ve been utilized. It appears that the new legislation has produced some unintended consequences
From the Ground Up - Passing On A Ranching Legacy
- Since 1945, the average age of an agricultural producer has increased by almost ten years.
From the Ground Up - Producers Embrace Texas Beef Check-Off
- The U.S Beef Check-Off Program was started in 1986 as a producer funded marketing and research program that assesses one-dollar per beef animal at the time the animal is sold, but with today’s smaller cow herd, there simply isn’t as much money being raised.
More From The Ground Up Headlines