From The Ground Up Headlines
From the Ground Up - Competing In the Global Beef Market
- There’s a lot of competition globally for the U.S. beef industry as it seeks to expand markets around the world to sell beef products.
From the Ground Up - Export Markets Importance to Beef Industry
- The high prices that the beef industry has enjoyed over the last few years have been bolstered by not only a strong domestic demand for beef domestically, but also globally.
From the Ground Up - Future Beef Markets Look Good
- Over the last couple of years, the beef industry has enjoyed extremely strong market prices. Those prices were easy to predict, based largely on the limited supply of cattle due to the liquidation of the U.S. cow herd that took place over several years during to the drought.
From the Ground Up - Beef Short Course Attracts Hundreds Of Ranchers
- This week almost 1700 beef producers from a dozen states and 6 different countries participated in Texas A&M’s Beef Short Course where they attended various cattleman’s college sessions ranging from forage production and nutrition, to cattle handling, genetics, and reproduction.
From the Ground Up - Animal Welfare Debate In Poultry Industry
- In January, California enacted new regulations preventing the use of cages for laying hens in the traditional sense that they’ve been utilized.
From the Ground Up - Producers Brace For Threat of Avian Flu This Fall
- While we appear to be on the backside of the curve for the outbreak of avian flu that occurred across the Midwest this spring and caused egg shortages and higher prices, producers are bracing themselves for another threat this fall, as wild birds migrate for the winter. Craig Coufal is a Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Poultry Specialist.
From the Ground Up - Changes in the Texas Dairy Industry
- The Texas Dairy Industry has grown tremendously over the last several years, but with that growth has also come major changes. Michael Tomaszewski is a visiting professor and professor emeritus of dairy science in Texas A&M’s Department of Animal Science.
From the Ground Up - Mixed Expectations For This Year’s Corn Crop
- Normally this time of the year when you drive through the rural parts of our area, you’ll notice that the corn stalks are beginning to dry down, signaling that the corn is close to being ready to harvest. Harvest will be a little later this year.
From the Ground Up - Egg Producers Recovery From Avian Flu
- The avian flu outbreak that swept across the Midwest this spring forcing the killing of millions of chickens caused egg shortages which have resulted in higher egg prices.
From the Ground Up - June Is National Dairy Month
- June is National Dairy Month and we took the opportunity to visit a Brazos Valley dairy that’s been four generations in the making.
More From The Ground Up Headlines