3 pounds Cubed Beef seasoned with:
1 ea Lemon Juice
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Curry Powder
3 Large Onions
½ cup minced garlic
½ cup minced ginger
a cup clarified butter
2 cans large can crushed tomatoes
1 can water or beef stock
3 Tbsp Curry paste
1 Tbsp Curry powder
1 Tbsp Garam Masala spice
served with: jasmine rice Raita Mango Chutney
Raita (Yogurt Sauce):
1 Cucumber, grated
2 Tbsp Onion, grated
1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
1 pinch Chaat Masala
2 cups Plain Yogurt
1. Marinate meat in salt, lemon juice and curry powder. Gather and prepare all other ingredients.
2. Slowly sauté Garlic, Ginger and Onions in butter until well cooked.
3. Add meat and remaining ingredients. Cook until meat is tender and sauce is desired thickness, about 1½ hours on medium-low heat. Remove heat add chopped Cilantro and Garam Masala Spice.
4. Yogurt Sauce: mix all ingredients and use within 2 days.
5. Serve with Jasmine rice, Mango Chutney and Riata (yogurt sauce).
6. If you sauté Garlic, Ginger and onions in a sauté pan, this would be an excellent recipe for a crock pot.