New Orleans Style Shrimp Remoulade
|1 quart Water|
2 each Whole Bay Leaves
2 each Cloves of Garlic, split
½ Onion, slices
10 each Peppercorns
1 Lemon juiced
½ cup White Wine
2 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp Salt
8 each Shrimp
|2 Tbsp Fresh Spring onion chopped|
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Cappers – diced
1 tsp Whole Grain Mustard
½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp Tabasco Sauce
½ Lemon juiced
¼ cup Mayonnaise
1 pinch Cracked Pepper
1 pinch Salt
1 tsp Parsley chopped
Garnished with crispy garlic grits
- In pan combine water, bay leaves, garlic, onion, peppercorns, lemon juice, white wine, Old Bay Seasoning and Salt. Bring this to a boil.
- Add Shrimp to the water, bring back to a boil. Broil them for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and place shrimp on ice to cool.
- Peel, take off tail, devein and cut into half. Set to the side.
- In a bowl mix together Spring onion, cappers, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco Sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise, parsley, pepper and salt.
- After everything has been in mixed in a bowl add the shrimp and mix gently.
- Make of grits seasoned with garlic and cheddar cheese. After they have been chilled cut into strips.
- Seasoned flour, fry for 3 to 7 minutes depending on desired color.
- Place shrimp in a stack
- Small field green salad or asparagus.
- Grit Sticks