Click To Visit Website!
KBTX-TV – a CBS & CW affiliate in market 87 - has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced LSM or senior account executive ready to make the move to fill our new position of Local Sales Manager. The ideal candidate should be success-driven and motivated to lead others in achieving positive results for the advertisers we represent while creating a positive work environment for the local sales team.
This position requires that you be highly organized and possess a desire to see others succeed. Strong digital knowledge a plus!
Job duties, expectations and responsibilities include supervision of the local sales team and other general duties as outlined:
1. Achieving KBTX local revenue goals on television and on digital properties (kbtx.com)
2. Consistent evaluation of performance to include positive and constructive feedback
3. Accurate maintenance of local sales records
4. Review sales presentations, proposals, letters and communications with advertisers and advertising agencies
5. Develop and maintain exemplary agency and advertiser relationships through ensuring KBTX local sales staff delivers all that is expected by clients in a timely manner. This includes establishing professional and personal contact with advertiser and agencies.
6. Develop periodic sales training and continuing education opportunities for local sales staff leading to improved performance and productivity
7. Work to continually recruit potential sales staff members, seeking to find the next top achiever
8. Possess general knowledge of sales and research available, most notably Nielsen
9. Possess general knowledge of Wide Orbit or related traffic systems, knowledge of WO Media Sales and Matrix a plus
10. Compliance with all company, station, and governmental regulations is required.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, 2-5 years of prior advertising sales experience preferred, prior sales leadership experience a plus.
Expected proficiency with numbers, writing, listening and verbal skills a must. Must be organized and excel in time management. Valid driver’s license required.
A track record of being a team player, working cooperatively with all other departments within the company, and exhibiting exemplary communication skills is a must.
Position may from time to time require lifting of items associated with station events and promotions.
Work schedule may vary depending on station and client needs. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Email your resume to email@example.com (preferred method)
Or mail your resume to:
General Sales Manager
4141 E 29th Street
Bryan, TX 77802
No phone calls please.
KBTX-TV, an operating company of Gray Television is an equal opportunity employer.
All of KBTX employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process, which includes a pre-employment drug test and MVR check.
Gray Television participates in E-Verify.