Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, and Grapevine, Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to 60,000 cases. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
As a Production Worker, the employee reports directly to the Production Manager. Duties will include all aspects of the cellar.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Work closely with the winemaking team
• Clean and sanitize the winemaking equipment and cellar
• Assist with the crushing and pressing process
• Perform regular daily pumpovers during fermentation
• Assist with bottling and packaging
• Barrel filling and cellar organization
• Proper use and handling of winery chemicals and additives
• Assist with special events and Harvest duties as needed
• Vineyard work as required
• Perform other duties as required
• Comprehensive familiarity of standard cellar equipment and operations.
• Flexible scheduling required, may include weekends and overtime.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Ability to operate a tractor and forklift.
• Ability to carry our detailed or oral instructions.
• Perform frequent manual labor tasks, including lifting, bending, climbing, and other physical activities.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as well as bend and climb. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.