Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, and Grapevine, Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to 60,000 cases. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
This position will be responsible for operation, achieving sales objectives and growth of the Messina Hof Hospitality Departments of the Vintage House Restaurant Front of House
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Develop sales, achieve sales goals and control expenses to make Messina Hof Winery & Resort most profitable and run within budgetary guidelines
• Plan and Execute training programs for all staff in the Vintage House
• Responsible for facilitating communication via written and verbal with administration and staff.
• Creation of waitstaff schedules according to event and reservation needs.
• Responsible for creating a weekly waitstaff meeting curricula (primary focus of these meetings will center on service, efficiency, Messina Hof wine knowledge, safety, teamwork, upcoming Messina Hof/Designer Events, POS system, and restaurant/company procedures).
• Facilitates Messina Hof’s high standards of cleanliness and organization in all areas of the Vintage House
• Communicate with guests, co-workers, and business associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people and hospitality oriented.
• Responsible for wine inventory and wine key as well as inventory of food products, merchandise and departmental supplies. Oversee inventory control including zero shrinkage, account for all movement, conduct monthly inventories and maintain daily knowledge of floor stock, case goods, supplies, etc.
• Promote education, sales, tastings, and parties at the winery
• Perform other duties as required including assisting other departments as needed
• 3-5 years of experience in sales and hospitality. Specifically, experience in management, retail or a related field working closely with the public.
• Must have active TABC and Food Handler certifications at all times.
• Able to use a personal computer for register transactions, word processing, spreadsheets and budgeting of expenses incurred, on a monthly basis. Ability to read P&L’s and control cost centers.
• Good communication skills, personnel skills, highly motivated, and highly organized.
• Must be detailed oriented and able to coordinate various activities simultaneously. Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must have basic wine knowledge to help customer service.
• Ability to deal with guests, co-workers, and business associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people and hospitality oriented.
• Ability to execute and improve existing Messina Hof events in order to provide an excellent experience for guests.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to climb up and down stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.