Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, and Grapevine, Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to 60,000 cases. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
Responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds of Messina Hof including the estate gardens and the estate vineyard. Plants flowers, mows, pulls weeds, repairs structures, and maintains outside of buildings.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Hands on involvement in most facets of grounds operation including mowing, edging, weeding, hedging, garden work and landscaping
• Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes
• Care for the Estate Garden
• Property wide irrigation management
• Trellis and irrigation construction and maintenance
• Planting and pruning as necessary
• Nursery propagation and chemical application
• Tractor operation, maintenance and repairs, including mowing
• Aid in the crop harvest process
• Apply pesticide to rid grounds of pests such as mosquitos, wasps, ticks, and others.
• Apply fertilizer to grounds to enhance growth
• Sweep walkway of debris
• Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger
• Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping
• Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed
• Monitor grounds and keep in pristine condition
• Perform additional duties as deemed necessary for successful operation of the vineyard and gardens
• Comprehensive familiarity of lawncare equipment.
• Ability to carry out detailed or oral instructions.
• Perform frequent manual labor tasks, including lifting, bending, climbing, and other physical activities.
• 1-2 years experience
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds as well as bend and climb. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.
Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.