Brazos Valley Food Bank (BVFB), a private, non-profit that provides hunger-relief in the Brazos Valley, is in search of a full-time (40 hrs/week) Resource Management Coordinator.
Work hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday, with some evenings and weekends. Overtime (time and 1/2) is paid when approved, worked and needed. Reports to BVFB’s Executive Director.
Resource Management Coordinator
• With the Executive Director and applicable Board Committees, assist in
o Development of BVFB’s written annual fundraising plan, timeline and goals
o Planning and implementing donor recognition strategies
• In conjunction with pertinent staff, development and submission of annual funding proposals/applications. Some new grant source proposals could be part of responsibilities as well.
• Development of a centralized, electronic grant proposal tracking system (either develop or using existing BVFB database software)
• Development with Management progress reports for annual grant sources
• Assist with BVFB’s annual events (Feast of Caring, Celebration of Hope Dinner and KBTX-TV’s Food for Families Food Drive)
• Provide support (volunteers, supplies, PSAs, social media promotion, etc.) to outside groups that conduct annual, fundraisers for BVFB (AggiesCan, Run thru the Lights, Empty Bowls, etc.), including but not limited to attending planning meetings and the events if needed
• Act as the liaison to all new, outside groups that wish to conduct Third Party Fundraisers for BVFB (TAMU student groups, etc.)
o Field calls, review online applications, follow-up with projects, for those that have been approved - provide ongoing support, including but not limited to attending events if needed
o Work with the Finance/Bookkeeping Associate in development of proposal budgets
o Work with the Finance/Bookkeeping Associate to ensure that the Management Assistant is entering new donors into donor tracking software and that thank-you letters are developed and sent
o Work with Programs Manager and Distribution Manager in development of all proposals that ask for funds having to do with their programs/area of responsibility
o Assist Executive Director with annual direct mail appeals
o Assist Executive Director and Finance/Bookkeeping Associate in projecting revenue for annual budget
• Identify new sources of food (farms, markets, restaurants, etc.) in BVFB service area for potential donation. Develop tracking system or utilize existing BVFB software.
• Development of outreach and education materials related to BVFB’s operations, food donation needs, legal protections for donors, etc.
• Solicitation of potential food donations, either face to face, via letter and/or telephone or email
• Maintain positive relationships with food donors/potential food donors
o With Distribution Manager, strengthen relationships with Retail Pick-Up sites to increase food donations
o With Distribution Manager, plan out ways to increase visibility of Red Barrel program
o With pertinent staff, development of a Food Donor recognition plan
o Use social media to recognize new food donors/donations and promote food collection strategies and needs
• Work closely with Distribution Manager in determining appropriateness of proposed donation, scheduling pickup, etc.
• Proactively solicit entities to do food drives for BVFB throughout the year (summer months; most needed items food drives, etc.)
• Build a Food Donor email list-serve
• Develop a Food Donor e-newsletter
• Develop general volunteer recruitment materials (Video of what the Food Bank does, PowerPoint presentation, flyer, etc.)
• Meet regularly with Management staff to ascertain areas where volunteers are needed
o Determine tasks, desired traits and skills needed from the volunteers, how many required, when, etc.
o Directly recruit needed volunteers (doing presentations, using media, etc.)
• Work with appropriate staff to ensure that volunteer information is added to donor mailing lists (and flagged as volunteers)
• Identify new sources of volunteers, based upon currently underutilized entities
• Analyze current demographics of our volunteers – develop a plan to recruit individuals and groups we are not reaching (i.e. seniors, disabled, individuals of color, etc.).
• Development of different volunteer group list-servs for immediate needs (disaster efforts, garden gleaning, etc.) to utilize quickly when last minute needs arise
This is a fast-paced position ideal for an individual with great drive; creativity and enthusiasm; strong ethics and boundaries; persuasive written and oral communications skills; ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment; enjoys teamwork, as well as independent projects; and a desire to create lasting, meaningful change for the food insecure of the Brazos Valley.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 2-5 years of relevant experience in a nonprofit fundraising/resource development (i.e. grant-writing, report writing, target market direct mail solicitation, donation solicitation, etc.)
• Strong writing, as well as public speaking skills.
• People skills with ability to manage difficult and complex situations or people ethically (donors, volunteers, clients, and general public) and with discretion and confidentiality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, graphics software, Internet research, social media, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp and databases. Ability to extract and analyze data; create charts and graphics is necessary.
• Familiarity with some donor software preferable.
• Superior organizational, analytical and project management skills coupled with the ability to learn quickly, create and analyze alternative solutions and make recommendations.
• Highly motivated, with proven capacity to take initiative, and work independently and effectively with others at all levels of BVFB with a high level of professionalism in all interactions.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and respond accurately and quickly to immediate needs in a high-paced environment.
• Experience developing systems where none existed before.
• Flexible, with availability to work a weeknight or weekend as needed.
• Passion for the mission of feeding people.
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
• Must pass criminal background check before hire.