Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, and Grapevine, Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to 60,000 cases. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
Responsible for the growth, direction and maintenance of the Tasting Room and Wine Bar at Messina Hof Winery and Resort. The purpose of the Messina Hof Tasting Room is to welcome visitors of Messina Hof as family guests into the Messina Hof “living room” and to embrace them as personal friends of our Messina Hof family. The Wine Bar is the Messina Hof family table where we assist our guest in any way possible in selection, education, and consultation.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Develop sales, achieve sales goals and control expenses to make the Tasting Room and Wine Bar most profitable and run within budgetary guidelines
• Assist with the budgeting preparation
• Develop and achieve sales goals for the Wine Club and VIP department
• Facilitate Messina Hof’s high standard of cleanliness and organization in all areas of the Tasting Room and Wine Bar including, food areas, deck area, preparation areas and restrooms
• Responsible for facilitating communication via written and verbal with administration and staff
• Plan and Execute training programs for all staff in the Tasting Room and Wine Bar
• Responsible for all inventory control including scheduled transactions, movement of inventory and daily knowledge of floor stock
• Target, promote, solicit, lead and coordinate groups for tours, tastings, and events.
• Promote education, sales, tastings, and parties at the winery
• Identify and communicate all items to be promoted based on goals to sales staff
• Responsible for cash handling duties including making cash transactions, verifying cash drawer, and giving change
• Responsible for opening and closing procedures
• Communicate with guests, co-workers, and business associates in a courteous and professional manner. Must be people and hospitality oriented.
• Responsible for assisting with general winery operations
• Perform other duties as required including assisting other departments as needed
• Related degree and/or 3-5 years related experience in a retail closely related field
• Experience in customer service
• Good management skills and ability to supervise
• Leadership abilities
• Ability to use a personal computer to run registers, post daily sales and reconcile monies
• Must have active TABC and Food Handler certifications at all times.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.