Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, and Grapevine, Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to 60,000 cases. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
This position is responsible for the direction and execution of all sales and marketing strategy for all departments of Messina Hof Winery and the overall Messina Hof Brand. This person must meet the needs and expectations of our customers and the technical information about our products, pricing, and promotions. He/she is responsible for representing all aspects of Messina Hof and its respective products.
• Serve as a member of the company leadership team and influence the strategic direction of the company.
• Supervise and develop Wine Club, VIP, DTC, marketing employees and internship program.
• Responsible for departmental budget development and meticulous management of expenses.
• Be the key link between Sales, Marketing, and Operations to understand and develop integrated demand plans for all products. Meet all national headquarters, distributor and winery deadlines.
• Responsible for creating and executing sales/promotional, marketing, and advertising presentations to strategic partnerships and potential clients.
• Responsible for pricing, programming, and promotion strategy across the company.
• Responsible for growth and development of Messina Hof and increased market share through data collection, strategic customer identification, promotion and marketing development, execution of plans, and communication both internal and external to our company.
• Ensure communication to all Messina Hof staff on all items, programs, and events to be promoted, as well as all information regarding company press, accolades, product updates, or announcements.
• Engage in VIP and Wine Club customer service activities, database maintenance, and duties to enhance the retention and growth of VIP and Wine Club memberships.
• Coordinate with the Messina Hof Wholesale Division to create and execute sales programs, materials, marketing, and presentations to increase sales through the distribution networks.
• Responsible for the overall wholesale chain sales strategy, hitting sales goals and profitability in wholesale, VIP, Wine Club and E-Commerce programs, and executing on brand wide programs.
• Develop new points of distribution and wholesale opportunities on a national level into new states. Develop marketing strategies and oversee all sales objectives in these areas.
Strategic Marketing and Advertising
• Coordinate marketing initiatives and activities of all departments. Maintain open communication with other Messina Hof managers on execution of marketing plan and development of programs to achieve company goals.
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with customers/clients, industry/strategic partners and media to promote, create and execute sales, promotions, marketing, and presentations.
• Responsible for company website management and development, digital content creation and management, SEO rankings, blogging and social media campaigns and digital marketing initiatives.
• Maintain Brand standards according to documented Brand strategy, personality and values
• Supervision of the timely design and creation of content for all newsletters, press releases, company marketing materials, labels, ads, radio scripts, posters, displays and point of sale (POS) materials
• Ensure that marketing materials, POS, displays, and other printed materials are maintained in appropriate volume in marketing inventory and displayed in all hospitality locations.
• Plan, organize and execute advertising campaigns, as well as create aggressive promotions and marketing strategies, and maintain master advertising calendar.
• Responsible for wine and food product label design, ordering, stocking, and tracking for all products
• Supervise all federal and state label approvals and maintain compliance standards and records for all products in accordance with state and federal law.
• Perform other duties as required
· Related degree and/or 3-5 years of experience
· A basic understanding of wine sales and distribution with excellent working relationships with Republic National Distributing Company management and key wine buyers in Texas and nationally
· Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Able to operate a personal computer and be familiar with a variety of computer programs, including graphic design, desktop publishing, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet necessary sales goals and deadlines