Messina Hof Company Overview:
Established in 1977, Messina Hof was developed from a family owned and operated vineyard and winery in Bryan, Texas. Messina Hof is dedicated to high quality world-class wine production and genuine hospitality in its winery and resort facilities located in Bryan, Fredericksburg, and Grapevine, Texas. Messina Hof has doubled in size since 2012, and its annual wine production has grown to 60,000 cases. Messina Hof’s continued dedication to innovation, excellence, and family traditions is exemplified in its premium wines of distinction and landmark wine country destinations. It has also been continuously named the most awarded winery in Texas. Messina Hof is made up of a team of honest and passionate people of character that desire to be part of a rapidly growing company in an exciting and thriving industry.
Responsible for the growth, direction, development, and maintenance of the VIP program, Wine Club Program, and direct to consumer (DTC) ecommerce sales at all Messina Hof Winery locations. This position provides personal attention and assistance to our specialty clients and members and executes innovative sales programs for members and ecommerce customers in Texas and nationwide.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Grow, develop and maintain VIP group memberships and Wine Club memberships.
• Responsible for achieving sales goals and profitability of all VIP, Wine Club, and ecommerce programs.
• Engage in VIP and Wine Club customer service activities, database maintenance, and duties to enhance the retention of VIP and Wine Club memberships.
• Establish rapport and maintains relationships with VIP and key account customers.
• Works to build product loyalty by providing customer service to VIP and Wine Club members (e.g. phone calls, emails, and managing personal requests from members).
• Maintain records for VIP/Wine Club customer’s sales, renewals, customer database and files and process new VIP and Wine Club member applications according to prescribed procedures for handling personal information; ensures data security protocols are maintained.
• Supervise the maintenance of our ecommerce website, develop online sales initiatives to grow direct to consumer sales and volume, and manage shipping and customer service for DTC clients.
• Write the VIP E-Blast newsletter and Wine Club documents.
• Execute weekly meeting with department managers at Messina Hof Bryan, Messina Hof Hill Country and Messina Hof Grapevine to discuss VIP program and Wine Club program to maximize potential sales and membership engagement.
• Responsible for sales calls to high value potential customers for clubs, wine sales, events, private labels, and other sales opportunities.
• Makes sales/promotional presentations to potential clients. Create and deliver presentations to individuals and/or groups.
• Plans and executes VIP receptions to maximize VIP attendance and VIP sales and promote winery goods, services and events to VIP, Wine Club members and potential customers.
• Perform other duties as required including assisting other departments as needed
• Related degree and/or 3-5 years related experience.
• Experience in customer service.
• Ability to use a personal computer well and have working knowledge of computer programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Able to demonstrate multi-tasking ability, have long and short term memory, able to problem solve and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Have excellent organizational skills and be able to maintain records.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet necessary sales goals and deadlines.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds from floor to waist. Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Must have active TABC and Food Handler certifications at all times.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.