Use your Skills to Help Us Feed the Hungry!
Brazos Valley Food Bank, a private, non-profit organization that provides hunger-relief in the Brazos Valley, is in search of an experienced, Part-Time Resource Assistant (20 hours/week) to provide clerical and organizational support to development staff. Reports to the Resource Management Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
(Abila Donor Software)
Inputting monetary donor information
• Input monetary gift data and donor information into donor database software for Thank You letters
• Create, print and mail donor Thank You letters
• Keep electronic donor records up to date (address changes, deaths, divorces, etc.)
Organization and ordering of, as well as receiving and stocking, of all the following supplies
• Office supplies (general copy paper, file folders, etc.)
• Program supplies (an item that only a certain program will use)
• Office equipment supplies (i.e. toner)
• Logoed envelopes, letterhead
• Employee business cards
• Employee/Board of Director nametags
• Logoed stickers, tablecloths and banners
• Oversee office equipment service and maintenance
• Creation of and storage of Employee New Hire Packets
• Assist with clerical duties associated with special events
• Development and maintenance of filing systems for office equipment warranties/leasing agreements
• Organize BVFB electronic photos into categories and into one central location
• Maintaining up to date staff and Board of Director contact lists
• Keep track of staff birthdays – including securing birthday cards, circulating the card for staff signatures and handling staff birthday breakfast ordering
• Keeping track of who has tablecloths and banners (getting them returned, ensuring cleanliness and proper storage)
• Attend quarterly staff meetings
• Other duties as assigned
High School diploma
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Organizational skills, with attention to detail and accuracy a must
• Ability to work collaboratively with other staff to complete tasks
• Ability to multi task, while staying focused
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong follow-through on all projects/tasks
• Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment such as copier, fax, printer & scanner
• Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
• Must pass a criminal background check prior to hire
• Strong computer skills, including mail merge, printing envelopes, etc.
• Understanding of and ability to navigate database programs
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
Flexible; however, the schedule needs to be standard week to week.
The Brazos Valley Food Bank is a small organization. Those of us that work here do so because we believe in the mission of helping people. We depend on each other and need everyone and anyone that works here to be responsible and responsive to fulfill our mission. So, if you are looking for more than just a job - if you wish to become become a part of a team that feeds the hungry in the Brazos Valley, you are invited to send a resume and brief cover letter by email with the
reference line: Resource Assistant to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
No calls please.
The Brazos Valley Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).