Use your Skills to Help Us Feed the Hungry!
Brazos Valley Food Bank, a private, non-profit organization that provides hunger-relief in the Brazos Valley, is in search of an experienced, Part-Time Distribution Assistant (20 hours/week) to provide clerical and organizational support to operating staff. Reports to the Distribution Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
(Primarius Inventory Software)
• Inputting food donations
• Receiving pre-receipts from partner agency Retail Pick-up activities
• Input Food Drop/Food Special events statistics
(Abila Donor Software)
Inputting food donor information
• Creating, print and mailing food donor Thank You letters
• Keep electronic donor records up to date (address changes, etc.)
(Via Donor Express)
• Input weight of donated product from retailers such as HEB, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Target, Starbucks and Little Caesars.
Organization and ordering of, as well as receiving and stocking of all facility supplies
• Food Assembly/Volunteer
REPORT GENERATION & SUBMISSION
• Preparing daily inventory count sheets, providing to Warehouse Coordinator and comparing counts to inventory.
• Running end of the month and quarterly reports required by the Houston Food Bank/other donors/funders
• Act as receptionist in absence of the Greeter
• Develop filing system for equipment agreements, leases, warranty information, etc.
• Monthly assistance with food inventory
• Printing pallet tags for product received
• Attend quarterly staff meetings
• Oversee annual t-shirt orders
• Other duties as assigned
High School diploma.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work collaboratively with other staff to complete tasks
• Ability to multi task, while staying focused
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong follow-through on all projects/tasks
• Highly developed organizational skills and great attention to detail
• Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment such as copier, fax, printer & scanner
• Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
• Organizational skills, with attention to detail and accuracy a must
• Must pass a criminal background check prior to hire
• Strong computer skills and understanding of and ability to navigate software and database programs
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
Flexible; however, the schedule needs to be standard week to week.
The Brazos Valley Food Bank is a small organization. Those of us that work here do so because we believe in the mission of helping people. We depend on each other and need everyone and anyone that works here to be responsible and responsive to fulfill our mission. So, if you are looking for more than just a job - if you wish to become become a part of a team that feeds the hungry in the Brazos Valley, you are invited to send a resume and brief cover letter by email with the
reference line: Distribution Assistant to email@example.com.
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
The Brazos Valley Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).