This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager, staff and volunteers in planning, organizing, developing and successfully managing/operating the Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo. It is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager in providing the overall direction and leadership required to accomplish the mission and goals established for the organization/event.
1. Manage specific aspects of the Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo pertaining to all competitive events within the Fair including livestock shows, creative arts contests, and daily contests. To include but not limited to encompassing rule books, entries, communication with exhibitors, awards, vouchers, scholarships, and show day logistics.
2. Assist in supervising, training and evaluating volunteers of the Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo. Handle volunteer management and retention. Provide the direction and leadership needed to develop and grow the organization/event into a nationally recognized mid-major/regional fair with a high level of volunteer involvement, interaction and retention.
3. Coordinate scholarship program including administration, committee selection, and awards, plus planning scholarship presentations.
4. Maintain website presentation with regards to managing information and keeping website updated and valid as a means of information presentation to fair attendees, participants, volunteers and sponsors.
6. Assist in developing and administering fair policies and procedures and setting goals and objectives including the development of creative/innovative methods or ways to make the Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo a recognized leader in the fair industry.
7. Assist the Senior Manager in developing and monitoring the annual budget for the Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo.
Education Required: A four year university/college degree is required , Preferred: Advanced degrees are preferred. Experience with Microsoft Access and/or Showorks is preferred.
Experience with the livestock/horse industry and specifically the livestock show industry is desired. Ability to handle interpersonal relationships as involved with working with volunteers in a professional and diligent manner is paramount to the success of this position. Knowledge of job related information systems and technology is essential. Demonstrated history of leadership, negotiation skills, and communication skills with proven abilities in critical thinking/analysis, strategic planning, setting short/long term goals, budgeting and program evaluation is desired. Extensive walking, heavy telephone, computer and interpersonal contact.
To apply for this position click on “download application” on the right and fill out the general “Brazos County Employment Application, “all Applications MUST be signed in order to be submitted. You sign your name electronically by typing your name in the signature box on the bottom of the second page of your application. You may submit an application using one the following methods: Fax: (979) 823-6993 in person / by mail: Brazos County Human Resources 200 S. Texas Ave. Suite 206 Bryan, TX 77803 or Online through e-mail HR@brazoscountytx.gov EOE