Cameron mobile home fire severely burns man

By  | 

CAMERON, Texas A Central Texas man was in the burn unit in Dallas Sunday after his mobile home went up in flames.

According to the Cameron Fire Department, the blaze started around 3:15 p.m. on North Bowie Avenue.

The victim, James Martinez was asleep inside.

Authorities said his neighbors helped him escape through a window but not before he was severely burned.

Fire officials said wiring in the mobile home may have contributed to the fire.

The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.