TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Sophomore Courtney Dow shot a 1-under 143 on Friday, to lead the Texas A&M women’s golf team after the first 36 holes at the Florida State Match-Up. The Aggies are ninth with a 13-over 589 after the first day.
Dow is tied for 15th after the day, posting her seventh par-or-better round of the season with a 2-under 70 in the first round on the Don Veller Seminole Golf Course, then shot a 1-over 73 in the second round.
Senior Maddie Szeryk bounced back from a 3-over first round to shoot a 2-under 70 during the second round on the par 72/6,212 yard course. Szeryk is tied for 21st at 1-over par 145.
Amber Park shot a 4-over 148 (75-73) on Friday, and is tied for 33rd. Chloe Velasco is tied for 48th with a 9-over 153 (76-77) and Elizabeth Caldarelli rounds out the A&M lineup with a 14-over 158 (81-77), tying for 61st. Competing as an individual, Ariana Saenz shot an even-par 72 in the second round, and is tied for 53rd with an 11-over 155 (83-72).
The tournament, originally scheduled to run until Sunday, was shifted to accommodate impending weather in the Tallahassee area. Texas A&M tees off n the third and final round of the event at 9 a.m. Saturday.
· Maddie Szeryk posted the 13th par-or-better round of her season, which ties Bianca Fabrizio (2014-15), Katerina Ruzickova (2010-11) and Sarah Zwartynski (2009-10) for the 10th-most in a single-season at A&M.
· Szeryk holds the Texas A&M career record with 75 par-or-better rounds
· Szeryk’s eight birdies brings her season total to 60, which ties for the national lead
· Courtney Dow played the eight par 3s at a 1-under 23, which ranks third in the tournament
· Dow had her 16th career par-or-better round by shooting 2-under in the first round
· Chloe Velasco eagled the par 5, 445-yard 10th hole in the second round, the first eagle of her season
· Ariana Saenz matched her career-best round with an even par 72 in the second round