KEY LARGO, Fla. – The Texas A&M men’s swimming team will open the 2018 portion of its season schedule at the 2018 Orange Bowl Swim Classic on Wednesday at the Jacobs Aquatics Club.
· It’s the second straight year that the Aggies have competed in the annual event. The Aggies won a pair of races and placed second behind Michigan at the 2017 Orange Bowl Swim Classic.
· Winning races at last year’s event were Brock Bonetti in the 50-yard backstroke and Cory Bolleter in the 50 freestyle. The Aggies placed second in both relays – the 200 medley relay and the 200 free relay.
· The Aggies were 5-1 in dual meet action during the fall, and won the team race at the 2017 Art Adamson Invitational.
· In the latest TYR/CSCAA Division I poll, the Aggies were ranked No. 9. There were eight teams from the SEC in the CSCAA Top 25.
· Texas A&M returns home for a Jan. 6 dual meet vs. SEC foe Missouri (12 noon start at the Student Recreation Natatorium.