KEY LARGO, Florida -- The Texas A&M men’s swimming team won the team crown with 279.0 points at the 2018 Orange Bowl Swim Classic on Thursday at the Jacobs Aquatics Club.
· The No. 9-ranked Aggies swept all 12 races and grabbed at least the top two spots in 11 of 12 races.
· Leading the way was senior Brock Bonetti, who won three individual races and led off the winning 200-meter medley relay. Bonetti posted victories in the 50 butterfly, 50 backstroke and 200 IM.
· Sophomore Anthony Kim also posted multiple individual victories with wins in the 100 backstroke and 100 butterfly.
· Other Aggies tallying individual victories were freshman Felipe Rizzo in the 400 free, senior Jonathan Tybur in the 50 breaststroke, sophomore Adam Koster in the 100 free, sophomore Raiz Tjon-A-Joe in the 100 breast and Justin Morey in the 50 free.
· The Aggies opened and closed the meet with relay wins. The foursome of Bonetti, freshman Tanner Olson, junior Austin Van Overdam and Tjon-A-Joe won the 200 medley relay to open the day, while the group of senior Duncan Mulleady, Morey, junior Steven Richardson and junior Angel Martinez closed out the meet with victory in the 200 free relay.
· The Texas A&M men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams will host SEC foe Missouri in a 12 noon dual meet on Saturday at the Student Recreation Natatorium.
· It will be Senior Day for the women’s team. Being recognized prior to the meet will be Lisa Bratton, Jorie Caneta, Bethany Galat, Béryl Gastaldello, Esther Gonzalez, Kristin Malone, Caitlynn Moon, Laura Norman and Jessica Sloan.
· Live swimming results for the Texas A&M-Missouri dual meet will be available at 12thMan.com and on Meet Mobile.
· The Texas A&M-Missouri dual meet will be broadcast on SEC Network +, which is available on SECNetwork.com and on iOS, Android, Apple TV and Roku devices through participating providers via WatchESPN. Visit getsecnetwork.com for more information.