AUSTIN, Texas – Texas A&M junior Sydney Pickrem won the women’s 200-meter IM to highlight the top-ranked Aggie women’s day two at the TYR Pro Swim Series on Friday at the Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
· Pickrem, from Dunedin, Fla., outclassed the 200 IM field with a time of 2:09.92, which was more than a half-second faster than the runner-up finisher.
· Pickrem led a strong Aggie contingent that put five swimmers in the Championship or consolation final. Trailing Pickrem were junior Monika Gonzalez-Hermosillo in seventh (2:17.22), senior Bethany Galat in eighth (2:17.32), sophomore Anna Belousova in 12th (2:18.52) and senior Lisa Bratton in 15th (2:10.00).
· In the 800 freestyle, the freshman duo of Joy Field and Haley Yelle placed eighth (8:52.06) and 10th (8:54.03), respectively, and senior Caitlynn Moon tallied a 13th-place finish (8:59.96).
· Bratton was the Aggies’ lone finalist in the 100 backstroke, placing eighth with a time of 1:01.30.
· In the 200 butterfly, the freshman duo of Jing Quah and Taylor Pike placed 10th (2:13.42) and 14th (2:13.94), respectively. 2017 senior Sarah Gibson placed eighth in the race.
· In the 100 breast, senior Jorie Caneta placed seventh (1:09.12) and Belousova took eighth (1:10.00).
· In the 100 free, junior Claire Rasmus placed sixth (55.56) while sophomore Katie Portz was 15th (56.35). Gibson placed 11th in 56.07.