It’s the time of year when the blossoms come out of their shell, and the sun peeks a little brighter. The temperatures warm, and it’s a sign that summer is just around the corner.
For some fun for the whole family this spring, try a few activities below to help prepare for the sunnier days ahead!
* Head to the beach and fly a kite.
* Take a walk around your neighborhood and soak up a few rays from the sun.
* Get a little dirty ... in the garden that is! Clear away unwanted debris left from the winter months, and start preparing your garden for your plants or vegetables.
* Take a bike ride as a family. Plan a route around your neighborhood and set off on an adventure, together.
* Pack a few sandwiches, drink boxes, and other easy treats and have a picnic. Go to a local park or set outside in your own backyard and simply enjoy each others company, while you feast in the sunshine.
* Pay animals a visit at your local zoo.
* Make your own hopscotch course on the sidewalk and make a game of it.
* Gather up a few good books, and go outdoors and read. Find a swing at a local park, or set up lawn chairs in your backyard.
* Go to a local playground and play! Swing on swings, slide on slides, teeter on the teeter-totter, play on the jungle gym … hey, they say you’re only as old as what you feel. So have fun and just enjoy the playtime!
* If it’s a rainy day, play hide and seek indoors. Then make chocolate chip cookies afterwards.
Need more ideas? Visit the links below for more fun ideas for the whole family this spring!
Play a little memory together, with the Butterfly Match Game online. Find matching pairs of cards and see who can do it the fastest!
Celebrate the spring season with FamilyFun.com. Find arts and craft projects that will get your kids curious about the outdoors, as well as some activities to have fun on the inside.
Get a little crafty this spring with Kaboose.com! Find fun activities and crafts that you can do indoors and out!
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.