Fourteen College Station ISD seniors were named semifinalists in the 59th-annual National Merit Scholar Program announced the National Merit Scholar Corporation.
CSISD National Merit Semifinalists: (Previous CSISD schools attended)
- Dana Branham (Oakwood, A&M Consolidated Middle)
- Bryan Conlee (A&M Consolidated Middle)
- Mark Ebbole (College Hills, Oakwood, A&M Consolidated Middle)
- Ezikeil Hsieh (South Knoll, Oakwood, A&M Consolidated Middle)
- Michelle Liu (Rock Prairie, Forest Ridge, Cypress Grove, College
- Abigail McDougal
- Emily Miaou (Rock Prairie, Cypress Grove, College Station Middle)
- Nicolas Schlumprecht (College Hills, Oakwood, A&M Consolidated
- Rachel Scott (Pebble Creek, Oakwood, A&M Consolidated Middle)
- Joshua Tremblay (College Hills, Oakwood, A&M Consolidated Middle)
- Brooke Versaw (Rock Prairie, Oakwood, A&M Consolidated Middle)
- Victoria Yao (College Hills, Oakwood, A&M Consolidated Middle)
- Cynthia Zhang (Pebble Creek)
- Taylor Zhang (Southwood Valley)
The 14 A&M Consolidated High School students are now in a pool of approximately 16,000 semifinalists nationwide and are competing for 8,000 National Merit Scholarships worth up to $2,500 each. About 90% of the semifinalists are expected to be named finalists and of those, around half will win a National Merit Scholarship and earn the prestigious National Merit Scholar title.
More than 1.5 million juniors in about 22,000 U.S. high schools entered the 2014 scholarship program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT). The nationwide pool of semifinalists, which represents less than one percent of U.S. high school seniors, includes the highest scoring entrants in each state.
Scholarship winners for 2013 will be announced in a series of press releases beginning in April and concluding in May.
CSISD National Merit Semifinalists by year:
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.