10 Everyday Pollution Solutions
Information courtesy of the Environmental
- Use cast iron pans instead of nonstick. Read about Teflon health
- To avoid chemicals leaching into food, go
canned or fast foods and never microwave plastic. Read about Bisphenol A, a
toxic food-can lining ingredient associated with birth defects.
- Buy organic, or eat vegetables and fruit from the "Cleanest 12"
out more about the
- Use iodized salt to combat chemical interference from the
thyroid. Read about
rocket fuel's effect on the thyroid.
- Seal outdoor wooden structures. Order
a test kit to find out if your wooden deck, picnic table, or playset is
- Leave your shoes at the door. This cuts down on dust-bound
in the home.
- Avoid perfume, cologne and products with added fragrance. Search
for personal care products that are fragrance-free, or check the
products you're already using.
- Buy products with natural fibers, like cotton and wool, that are
naturally fire resistant. Use
the EWG list of products and manufacturers to avoid the chemical flame
- Eat low-mercury fish like tilapia & pollock, rather than
high-mercury choices like tuna and swordfish. Check the EWG Safe Fish List to
see which fish to avoid and what's safe to eat.
- Filter your water for drinking and cooking. How does your tap
water stack up? Search the EWG tap water database to see what you're
KBTX-TV/DT Channel 3
4141 E. 29th Street
Bryan, TX 77802
Phone: (979) 846-7777
Fax: (979) 846-1490
News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2013 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability
User Agent: CCBot/2.0 - 19984539