Texas A&M Health Services Screens Students for Meningitis

By: John Gilbert Email
By: John Gilbert Email

Concerned students showed up for meninigitis screenings on the A&M campus over the weekend following the death of a student.

20 year old Nicolis Williams died last Friday at College Station Medical Center after being diagnosed with Bacterial Meningitis.

On Saturday and Sunday Texas A&M opened the Beutel Health Center on campus for extra hours to students for meningitis exposure evaluations. This was for students who thought they might have been exposed in this case.

Student Heath Services staff saw 48 A&M students over the weekend and prescribed 23 doses of antibiotics.

Health officials say they did not see any more suspected cases of Bacterial Meningitis.

KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116201514 - kbtx.com/a?a=116201514
Gray Television, Inc.