Concerned students showed up for meninigitis screenings on the A&M campus over the weekend following the death of a student.
20 year old Nicolis Williams died last Friday at College Station Medical Center after being diagnosed with Bacterial Meningitis.
On Saturday and Sunday Texas A&M opened the Beutel Health Center on campus for extra hours to students for meningitis exposure evaluations. This was for students who thought they might have been exposed in this case.
Student Heath Services staff saw 48 A&M students over the weekend and prescribed 23 doses of antibiotics.
Health officials say they did not see any more suspected cases of Bacterial Meningitis.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.