*Update* Las Lomas reopens. Rat droppings, gnawed through bags of food and gnawed on food containers were just a few of the infractions t hat caused inspectors to close the Mexican restaurant.
The Las Lomas Mexican Grill and Cantina on Texas Avenue was closed on Wednesday after an inspector found evidence of rats all over the restaurant.
Rat droppings, gnawed through bags of food and gnawed on food containers were just a few of the infractions.
Standing water was also found on the floor of the kitchen and the dish washing sink could only be turned on using pliers.
The restaurant's prep cooler was keeping foods at a very warm 60 degrees and the grease vent hoods were covered in what health inspectors call "greaseicles." Those are grease particles that have formed into an icicle shape on the vent. Those "greaseicles" would drop back into the batter when warmed up.
Inspectors will return to the restaurant Thursday afternoon to re-inspect Las Lomas.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.