KEENE, Texas (AP) One man has been hurt in the fiery explosion of a North Texas house where the victim said he left a tank of propane near a lit fireplace.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday said 68-year-old Patrick Lawrence is recovering from burns. Investigators are trying to determine whether the propane caused Tuesday night's explosion at a home near Keene, about 25 miles south of Fort Worth.
Sheriff Bob Alford says deputies answered a 911 call about a house engulfed in flames. Lawrence later told deputies that he put a tank of propane near the lit fireplace but couldn't immediately explain why. Lawrence says he went into the kitchen and then the house exploded.
A spokeswoman for Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas says Lawrence was in good condition Wednesday.