1. FIVE-MINUTE STABBING FRENZY, THEN BLOOD EVERYWHERE
Like a horror movie come to life, a blank-faced student tears down a high school hallway swinging knives, slashing and injuring 21 classmates and a security guard before he is tackled by an assistant principal.
2. PROSECUTOR CALLS PISTORIUS' APOLOGY TO REEVA'S FAMILY AN INSINCERE SPECTACLE
Faced with tough questions on his fourth day on the stand, the Olympian double amputee says he never got a chance to tell his girlfriend he loved her.
3. HOW THE PLANE SEARCH IS BRINGING MALAYSIA AND AUSTRALIA CLOSER
The two nations are using glowing words to reassure the world that their troubled past will not affect the search for MH370.
4. NATO COMMANDER: US MAY SEND TROOPS TO EASTERN EUROPE
The alliance's chief in Europe tells the AP that Washington is looking at a package of military measures to reassure its members nearest Russia.
5. AFGHANS BEGIN PROBE OF AP PHOTOGRAPHER'S DEATH
The authorities are not rushing to declare the motive of the policeman they say carried out the attack.
6. CAR SMASHES INTO FLORIDA DAY CARE
A child dies and 14 others are injured in the hit-and-run, chain-reaction crash.
7. WHERE PENTAGON CHIEF IS SEEKING CLOSER TIES
Hagel is wrapping up a 10-day trip to Asia in Mongolia where he signed an agreement expanding military cooperation.
8. SOMETHING IN THE AIR
The air quality is so bad in China, an artist who traveled to Provence and brought home a jar of clean air was able to sell it for $860.
9. WHY ROSA PARKS' ARCHIVES ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR VIEWING
The belongings of the woman who fought for freedom are bound up in a legal fight, and locked away in a New York warehouse.
10. THE LATEST KIWI TO MEET THE VISITING ROYALS
William and Kate visit a New Zealand aviation museum and get a tour of a collection of World War I aircraft from none other than the "Lord of the Rings" director, Peter Jackson.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.