Body of College Station Kidnapping Victim Found in Fort Worth

By  | 

The body of a College Station woman was discovered Saturday morning near downtown Fort Worth, this after she was kidnapped Friday evening from a College Station parking lot.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the victim as 59-year-old Anne Toliver, who had been taken from the College Station Wal-Mart.

The discovery of Toliver's body came at around 5 a.m. Saturday on Camp Bowie Boulevard west of downtown Fort Worth. Three hours earlier, the kidnapping suspect, Stanley Wayne Robertson of College Station, reportedly rammed a Fort Worth police officer's patrol car on US 287 in east Fort Worth.

The officer's identity is not being released but law enforcement sources tell Dallas TV Station WFAA the officer has been with the department for nearly four years. Robertson was also injured in the crash. Police say he drove straight at the patrol car, which had pulled over to the shoulder. The 42-year-old is said to have been going the wrong way on 287. The head-on collision caused the patrol car to burst into flames.

Robertson is charged with aggravated kidnapping, and as of Saturday afternoon, was in custody at the hospital he was taken to after the crash.

College Station authorities tell News 3 the kidnapping took place in the Wal-Mart parking lot just before 6:30 p.m. Friday. According to police, Toliver is the mother of Robertson's ex-girlfriend, and the two of them had gone to Wal-Mart along with Toliver's son.

Police believe Robertson and the son went into the store, only for Robertson to return to the car shortly thereafter. Robertson told the son he had forgotten something, according to police, but then drove off with Toliver, who had been waiting in the car.

Authorities say Robertson later contacted someone and told them he had kidnapped Toliver and stabbed her. While authorities were unsuccessful in contacting Robertson initially, the suspect contacted others and told them he was still in the Bryan/College Station area. However, when authorities did finally get a hold of Robertson, they say it was determined he was in Fort Worth.

Police there say they were alerted about the kidnapping by CSPD. However, no alert was sent out to the media.

Dallas television station WFAA was the first to notify News 3 of the series of events at 11 a.m. Saturday morning. College Station PD spokesperson Rhonda Seaton says she does not know why local media was not alerted when the kidnapping took place.

Robertson had been released from the Brazos County jail August 1 on a charge of aggravated assault. His arrest on that charge came on July 6. He also has a driving while intoxicated charge from January 2009 on his record in Brazos County.

Information from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram was used in this report.