Nearly two months after the deadly explosion at Texas A&M, residents of the University Apartments are still on edge as another gas leak was discovered Tuesday.
The College Station Fire Department was called to the area Tuesday morning and found a leak outside. Fire Officials shut off the gas to three buildings while maintenance workers from the university repaired the line. No one was evacuated.
The State Fire Marshal's office recently ruled a gas leak was the cause of the July 31 explosion at the university-owned apartments. The blast killed the mother and four-year-old daughter of an A&M graduate student. It also injured his pregnant wife and his father.
A criminal investigation is ongoing. The District Attorney's office says new information is opening up further areas of investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.