Hotel Tax Could Generate Expansion Projects for Expo Center

By: Kristen Ross Email
By: Kristen Ross Email

Some new expansion projects could soon be on the way to the new Brazos County Exposition Center.

Commissioners met today to discuss how they will use the hotel occupancy tax in the near future.

County Judge Randy Sims says they would like to use some of the money to bring national events into the area.

He says 55 percent of the funds generated could be used towards capital projects like a new stall barn and covered arena. The remaining 45 percent could be used for marketing.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12518536 - kbtx.com/a?a=12518536