Apartment Fire Contained to Single Unit

By: College Station Fire Dept. Press Release Email
By: College Station Fire Dept. Press Release Email

An afternoon fire damaged one apartment at the Windsor Pointe Apartments located at 2500 Central Park Lane in College Station.

Fire Department units were dispatched at 1606 hours. The first unit arrived on the scene at 1610 hours and reported smoke and fire coming out of the rear door of one apartment. All occupants had evacuated the apartment.

Crews were able to bring the situation under control at 1614 hours and fire damage was confined to the kitchen stove, vent hood, and cabinets directly above and adjacent to the stove.

An unattended pan left on the stove appears to have caused the blaze. There were no injuries reported.

The five occupants of the apartment will be temporarily displaced and were being assisted in finding housing by the American Red Cross and the College Station Fire Department Community Action Response Team (CART), which is made up by Citizens' Fire Academy alumni.

A total of six fire apparatus staffed by sixteen personnel, along with several police officers, were used at the scene.


KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13910522 - kbtx.com/a?a=13910522