If You Want A Rebate, File Your Taxes

By  | 

You'll have to file a tax return to get your hands on that economic stimulus rebate.

The IRS says that's the only way taxpayers will get their checks.
As for people who usually don't have to file a return -- like recipients of Social Security or veterans' benefits -- the IRS is making a special version of the 1040A form available.