We now know the preliminary cause of Friday's devastating apartment fire in Bryan.
Bryan fire officials say a television may be to blame for a fire at the Bryan Arms Apartment Complex.
Witnesses allegedly saw the TV erupt in flames, which quickly spread to nearby curtains.
Families living in 12 apartments had to be evacuated, four of those apartments were destroyed.
Officials say the television was an older model. They say anytime you have electrical trouble with an appliance, it's best to get rid of the device.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.