KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | News, Weather, Sports

Anderson Wins Brazos County Attorney Race Decisively

Rod Anderson has defeated Shane Phelps in the Republican race for Brazos County attorney.

Anderson will not have a Democrat opponent in November, meaning he will all but assuredly take the office.

Jim Kuboviak, the longtime county attorney, decided not to run again, supporting his first assistant, Anderson.

"I love the job, and I have for a number of years," Anderson said following his win. "I'm blessed to serve the citizens of Brazos County, and I have been -- I've said it over and over -- for 21 years. I really feel blessed at being able to do that.

"I want to continue to do that," he continued, "and I also look forward to working with the people in our office because it's an awesome office to work for."

Anderson received 65% of the votes, or 7,843. Phelps, the first assistant in the Brazos County district attorney's office, earned the remaining 35%, or 4,237.

"I would change nothing about my campaign," Phelps said following the loss. "We worked very hard. I had wonderful supporters. I take a lot of comfort in the fact that I had some pretty tremendous people supporting me. I'm disappointed in the results, but I'm a big boy, and I can handle it."


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16243232 - kbtx.com/a?a=16243232