KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | News, Weather, Sports

Doux Chene Apartment Fire

By: Sylvia Villarreal Email
By: Sylvia Villarreal Email

A fire at the Doux Chene Apartments leaves the residents of two units displaced and one apartment heavily damaged by smoke.

Officials with the College Station Fire Department say it appears electrical problems may have caused the fire.

Shortly before 10 p.m. Wednesday night, officials say residents living in a second story apartment saw smoke and left the building.

As a precaution, people living in surrounding apartments were temporarily evacuated.

With the exception of those living in the unit directly below the apartment where the fire occurred, residents were allowed to return to their homes.

Nobody was hurt and the fire didn't spread to any other apartments.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, Trolling or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@kbtx.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus
KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 16323946 - kbtx.com/a?a=16323946