A late night house fire in Bryan has left one man in the hospital. He's suffering from burns over 50 percent of his body.
When firefighters arrived at the home on Brown and 26 Street they found a 45-year-old man laying in the middle of the street. He told fire crews his 78-year-old father was still inside the burning home.
Rescuers were able to get the elderly man out of the home through a back window. He was taken to Saint Joseph Regional Health Center and later released.
The son had burns over 50 percent of his body and was also rushed to Saint Joseph Regional Health Center. From there he was flown to a hospital in Dallas. His condition is not yet known.
Fire officials say the home was a total loss.
The Fire Marshall will work on determining a cause of the fire later today, but Bryan Fire Department officials suspect the fire may have started in the kitchen.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.