Two Bryan men are lucky to be alive, after surviving a house fire in Bryan.
Fire investigators say it started it as a grease fire, then quickly spread to the rest of the home. 78-year-old DJ Rust was inside at the time, and was rescued by firefighters out a back window.
Rust and his 45-year-old son, who lived with him, did not have smoke detectors, or home insurance. "I heard him stomping on the floor and he was trying to put the fire out. The smoke was so thick that I couldn't see," said DJ Rust, who was not injured.
Jeff Rust was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital with severe burns
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.