Fire crews were called to Taco Cabana on Texas Avenue about 4 p.m., Sunday, after an electrical short caused smoke to fill part of the restaurant.
Eight restaurant crew members and four customers were evacuated as a precaution, but no injuries were reported.
Fire officials say they cut power to the building and let the wiring cool down before an electrician solved the problem.
The restaurant was closed for a short time, but later reopened. No damage was reported.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.