Children playing with matches are to blame for a fire at Southgate Apartments Saturday night.
Investigators say the children were catching the carpet on fire.
College Station fire crews arrived at the Southgate Village Apartments just before 11 pm and found flames and smoke pouring out of a second floor window. Everyone was safely evacuated. The fire was under control within half an hour.
The three families who lost their homes, are now in new apartments.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.