Brazos Valley Burn Bans: The following counties are under a Burn Ban: Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Houston, Lee, Leon, Madison, Milam, Robertson, San Jacinto, Trinity, Walker, Washington
A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed in the deadly A&M apartment explosion.
Survivors of the explosion are suing Texas A&M University, Atmos Energy and CB Construction Company.
On July 31, 2004, a gas explosion consumed the apartment of graduate student Saquib Ejaz. Both his mother and his four year old daughter died from injuries they received in the fire, while his wife and father suffered severe burns. Ejaz, along with other family members, is seeking unspecified monetary damages.
The lawsuit names Texas A&M University, natural gas provider Atmos Energy and Hearne-based CB Construction Company, that installed the gas line.
The State Fire Marshal's Office ruled the explosion was caused by leaking natural gas that entered the building through the apartment's ventilation system.
Since the accident, A&M President Robert Gates put together a task force to investigate the explosion, made administrative changes and began a project to replace all gas pipelines at the complex.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.