The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum is proud to host the College Station Noon Lions Club's Fourth of July "I Love America" Celebration July 4, 2014 at the George Bush Presidential Library Center at Texas A&M University.
The museum will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. with free admission for everyone all day; building closes at 8:30 p.m. Concessions and games for children begin at 5 p.m. The evening will culminate with a performance by the Brazos Valley Symphony Orchestra, presented by HEB, Wells Fargo, and Union Pacific. Come early and bring lawn chairs, picnic baskets and blankets. Please, no pets or glass containers.
Listen live to the event and musical performances on KAMU-FM (90.9 FM) starting at 6 p.m.
Free parking is available to the public at Reed Arena and the West Campus Parking Garage on the Texas A&M University campus. Shuttles will begin running at 4:30 p.m. from West Campus Garage and Lot 97 to the museum.
Handicapped parking is available in the north side of Lot 41 in front of the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum and Annenberg Presidential Conference Center.
Schedule of Events
- 9:30 a.m. - Bush Library and Museum opens; admission is FREE all day
- 4 p.m. - Barbara Bush Drive closes
- 4:30 p.m. - Free shuttles begin from West Campus Garage and Lots 97 and 100; Disabled parking is available in Lot 41
- 5 p.m. - Flag Raising; Live entertainment by Katye Hamlin; Concessions and games begin outside
**Tickets are required for concessions and can be purchased on-site for $1 each. Concessions include snow cones, ice cream, Slovacek sausage, kettle corn, roasted nuts, cotton candy, roasted corn, beverages, free watermelon and more.**
- 6:15 p.m. - Live entertainment by The Greg Tivis Jazz Band
- 7:20 p.m. - Live entertainment by Bret Graham
- 8:15 p.m. - Museum closes
- 8:30 p.m. - Bush Library and Museum building closes;
Hot air balloon glow
- 8:45 p.m. - The national anthem, sung by Emily Pulley
- 8:50 p.m. - Performance by the Brazos Valley Symphony Orchestra, presented by HEB, Wells Fargo and Union Pacific
- 9:15 p.m. - Shuttles halt until the end of the fireworks show
- 9:45 p.m. -Fireworks show begins
- 10:05 p.m. - Event concludes;
FREE shuttles will begin running 10 minutes following the event; drop off at West Campus Garage and Lots 97 and 100
All times and events are subject to change and are weather dependent.
For more information, please call (979) 691-4014 or email email@example.com .
Traveling to the area for the event? Book a hotel