As the old saying goes, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry, and that was certainly true for both mice and men in the A&M chemistry building where a smelly experiment led to an evacuation.
University Police and College Station firefighters responded to the call, which came in shortly after 3:30pm Friday. After a quick assessment, the all-clear was given to return.
It turns out an experiment that produces a natural gas odor was underway in a chemistry lab. Despite signs posted around the building warning of the smell, someone mistook it for a natural gas leak and called it in.
Emergency officials say it's OK, and that it's better to be safe than sorry.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.