KBTX | Bryan & College Station, TX | News, Weather, Sports

Patient Tries to Light Up, Sets Fire to Hospital Room

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Authorities say a patient on oxygen at a Dallas hospital suffered serious burns in a fire that started when he apparently tried to light a cigarette.

Officials say more than 110 patients at Methodist Dallas Medical Center briefly had to be moved away from the area -- as a precaution.

Last night's blaze damaged the man's tenth-floor room.

Emergency officials say the automatic sprinkler in the patient's room went off.

Methodist authorities say the man has been transferred to another hospital for treatment of burns.


KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 3350761 - kbtx.com/a?a=3350761