Toddlers Hospitalized after Eating Pills at Day Care

By  | 

Police say eleven toddlers at a day care were hospitalized Tuesday after eating over-the-counter pain medicine found in a teacher's purse.

Police say the children, all about 2 years old, are expected to recover, according to Tuesday's online edition of The Dallas Morning News.

The children got a hold of a bottle of Advil in the purse, which was left on the floor. The lid was not fully shut.

McKinney police Capt. Randy Roland said two toddlers were rushed to a local hospital by ambulance and the other nine were driven by car.

Officials at the day care center, Kids R Kids, declined to speak with the News.

A spokesman at the Medical Center of McKinney said the hospital could not comment on the children's conditions.