Wal-Mart has settled a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the parents of a 19-year-old store clerk who was abducted, raped and killed following her night shift.
The parents of Megan LeAnn Holden say the terms of the settlement are confidential. The lawsuit filed by Sheri Kay Dunlap and James Vincent Holden had been set to go to trial today.
Dunlap and Holden sued Wal-Mart and the store's security company The Wackenhut Corporation. They said the companies' negligence resulted in their daughter's death.
Holden was kidnapped January 19th, 2005, from the parking lot of a Wal-Mart Supercenter in Tyler. Johnny Lee Williams Junior later pleaded guilty to the crime and was sentenced to life.
The Tyler Morning Telegraph reported in its Tuesday editions that Dunlap's attorney says she hopes the case will help make Wal-mart around the country safer.
Court records show The Wackenhut Corporation settled earlier for 1.3 (m) million dollars.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.