Smoke, Smell Force Small School Evacuation


Crockett Elementary students had to be evacuated after a minor construction incident.

Students in one wing of the building were forced outside after smoke and a bad smell started coming from a construction site on the campus. As it turns out, crews were doing soldering work on the ceiling when some copper lines started to smoke.

Bryan first responders came to the scene, but the construction crews got the situation under control before the fire teams arrived.

Work began on that new portion of the building this summer, and should be completed by January.


KBTX-TV Channel 3 4141 E. 29th Street Bryan, TX 77802 Phone: (979) 846-7777 Fax: (979) 846-1490 News Fax: (979) 846-1888
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 3970036 - kbtx.com/a?a=3970036